In the early days, internet was confined to the computer experts, with the technological development and affordability of acquiring personal computer, internet usage becomes more common.
What is web hosting?
In its simplest form it’s just a storing your website information on a computer and when someone goes to your website, they want to retrieve the information that you have stored on that computer for them to view. When you create a website it is composed of web pages having text, images, videos and other content for people to see them.
Variations of web hosting:
Choosing a web hosting provider depends on what type of website you want to have: hobby, blog or ecommerce site. As a result there are different flavors of hosting providers, some of the most common web site hosting types are: shared, free and dedicated hosting.
Free web hosting:
Many ISP’s offer small scale web hosting free to customers on a paid internet plan. Free hosting can also mean your site could be slow to load, this option is generally to fun or non-essential web pages such as personal sites.
Dedicated web Hosting:
Dedicated hosting is good option for someone who wants more storage and bandwidth and control over the server. This type of hosting involves the use of an entire server. Therefore it is used by larger projects requiring more resources for its proper operation.
Shared Web hosting:
Shared web hosting means your website is hosted on a server shared by owners of other websites. Te physical server and its software host multiple webpages, so it is often cheap. It can be slow as you’re sharing the server’s resource the others.
Collocated or managed web hosting:
Collocated web hosting means you provide your own web server and its household by a web host in a facility such as data center. It has similar benefits to dedicated web hosting, you may be able to upgrade this service to managed web hosting, in which the web host provides support services.
Ultimate Guide to selecting the perfect web Hosting Company:
Every website has its own different needs. That is why a particular web hosting service may be ideal to one website but not to others.
- Reliability: Reliability or uptime is of vital importance and something that should be carefully considered before choosing a host. For business websites this is even more important than personal. When a website is down it may be irritating for a personal website but it can translate to hundreds, even thousands of dollars in revenue lost for businesses. Keep in mind, though that claims of 100% uptime are likely not accurate so be wary of these claims.
- Space and bandwidth: Space and bandwidth are the primary considerations for your hosting package. The amount of space you need depends on the number and size of the files you will have on your site. Every time someone visits your website, the web host transfers the necessary files to their browser. If your website hits the monthly cap, it may become unavailable until the next month.
- Control Panel: If a web hosting plan does not include access to a control panel, it’s most likely not worth considering, control panels are where you would typically manage everything on your web hosting account. If a web hosting plan does not include it, you either will have to do everything through the web hosting company’s support channels.
- Software installs: Many web hosts will allow you to install web software through their control panel. If you have not hired a web developer to build your website, this might help you get started easily.
- Pricing: Research the cost of your hosting providers comparing each company you consider. Keep in mind that there may be variances in cost based on the available features, so make sure you narrow your choices to the ones that have the features you want first then compare like features.
Choose Best Domain Registration Company in Bangalore
Domain name put a friendly face on hard-to-remember numeric Internet addresses. Every computer on the internet has a unique internet protocol (IP) number, a domain name represents one IP number or more. Choose a domain name that is easy to relate your organization or enterprise.
An organization can have up to 100 domains, in addition the organization can register up to 5 domain names within relevant categories and up to 5 domain names within each geographical area to which the organization has an affiliation. If you have used up your quota and need more names, you must delete old names before you can register new ones.
The author is an expert writer in online Marketing world, and working with top Web Hosting Company has depth knowledge in the field of Domain registration, Linux hosting services. To find out more about Web hosting services with lots of useful information please follow http://www.jainhosting.com